- Celeriac root
- 4 heaped tbsp mayonnaise (depending on size of the celeriac root)
- Dijon mustard (to taste)
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the celeriac root with a sharp knife and cut it into long matchstick (a mandolin is useful for making slices which are then cut into strips with the knife).
- Blanch the strips very briefly (about 20 seconds) in boiling, salted water to which a splash of lemon juice has been added.
- Refresh the celeriac strips in cold water and dry well.
- Mix the mayonnaise with Dijon mustard to taste – it should have quite a bite to it.
- Add enough mustard mayonnaise to the celeriac to coat it thoroughly but not swamp it.
- Season with salt and pepper