Owing to Coronavirus and the Covid-19 disease that it spreads, H&DAA are keen to emphasise the basic safety rules that should be followed in line with Government advice:
- Use hand sanitiser before opening and after closing any gate locks
- Do not wash your hands in water troughs
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or clean with hand sanitiser
- Do not share tools; if using H&DAA communal tools, sanitise thoroughly after use
- Follow the current social distancing guidelines by staying at least 1 metre (ideally more) apart
- Where possible where gloves and disinfect them when you arrive home.
- Wash your hands when you get home
Remember you need to wash your hands BEFORE you do anything else. It’s not a good thing to go off to your nearest tap at this point, this gives you more time to touch your face.
- Fresh clean water from your water butt or the nearest tap reservoir saved in an old chicken pellet container or similar.
- Small wash basin (some upcycled piece of plastic)
- Liquid handwash or soap (kept in the shed)
- Kitchen roll for drying your hands (just pop used hand towel into your compost bin)