Horfield and District Allotments Association aims to provide, maintain and manage a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment where members can undertake and enjoy allotment gardening.
The equalities policy exists to enable the H&DAA to fulfil its purpose; nothing in the equalities policy should be taken to override the responsibilities put upon all members, as set out in the tenancy agreement and further clarified on the H&DAA website.
The Horfield and District allotment Association recognises that every member has a contribution to make to the Association and the right to an equal opportunity to make their contribution.
1) No member or related agency will be discriminated against by us on the grounds of:
- sexual orientation
- religion or belief
The successful implementation of this policy depends on the awareness and commitment of all members
2) We aim to promote equal opportunities, eliminate discrimination and harassment through the following:
- Opposing all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
- Treating all members and related agencies fairly and with respect.
- Offering membership that is open to all.
- Selecting for volunteering, or any other benefit, on the basis of aptitude and ability. All selection/rejection decisions will be recorded.
- Helping and encouraging all members to develop their full potential. The talents and resources of individuals will be fully utilised to maximise the benefits to the Association.
- Recognising all members have a legal and moral obligation not to discriminate, and to report any incidents of discrimination against any individual or group of members to a member of the management Committee.
- Encouraging any member or volunteer who feels they have been a victim of discrimination or unfairly treated in a way contrary to the intention of this policy, to raise the issue with a member of the management Committee
3) Our commitment:
- H&DAA recognises the need for a continuing commitment to genuine equal opportunities and diversity.
- We will aim to create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our members and related agencies are recognised and valued.
- Every member and related agency is entitled to be part of an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Breaches of this Equality Policy could lead to membership disqualification.
- This policy is fully supported by the Association’s Committee
- The policy will be monitored and reviewed periodically.