If you do go to your plot, we would urge you to take the following precautions:
- Visit your plot alone or with members of your household only
- If your children are on the site they should stay with you on the plot at all times.
- When opening the gates and padlocks please use hand sanitizer or anti-bacterial wipes before and after use if at all possible.
- Keep at least 1 metre (ideally more) away from anyone else you see at the allotment
- We suggest that you wear gloves when on the allotment, especially if touching communal areas (e.g. if using water troughs).
- When returning home from the allotment wash your hands thoroughly.
- If you are in one of those in the extremely vulnerable group you are advised to stay indoors for at least 12 weeks. Why not ask an allotment neighbour to visit your plot to tend to it? See our allotment safety page for suggestions as to how to set up a handwashing station on your allotment plot.For further detailed advice visit:
- Government COVID-19 guidance
- National Allotment Society Emergency Measures